Your responsibility as Owner/Operator
Having invested a considerable amount of time and effort, not to mention valuable funds into your play area, it is important to ensure that it stays in tip –top condition. As well as your legal responsibilities, the old adage “a stitch in time saves nine” is very pertinent – your playground will serve you well if you maintain it well.
Your play area will have been designed and installed in accordance with the following standards, and it is the owner/operator’s responsibility to ensure it is inspected and maintained in accordance with these standards:
- Playground Equipment & Surfacing – BS EN 1176 & 1177: 2008
- MUGA’s (Multi Use Games Areas) – BS EN 15312 – Free Access Multi Sports
- Skate Parks: BS EN 14974 – Roller Sports Equipment
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment – BS EN 16639: 2015
- Parkour Equipment – BS 10075: 2013
In addition, you have a duty of care to your users and you have responsibilities in relation to The Health and Safety at Work Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and The Occupiers Liability Act.
Team Pennine – RPII Qualified Engineers
All our Play Engineers are RPII qualified and registered as well as DBS checked. Collectively, our team have over two centuries of playground experience! And this is really where we stand out from the crowd – our Site Engineers are “Outdoor Playground Professionals” in their own right – they are seriously time-served employees who genuinely care. The Engineers that carry out the Inspections also oversee and action the maintenance that has been highlighted to ensure that your play facilities continue to be safe to use as well as preserving their longevity. We offer one-off inspections or full packages with maintenance included and have sophisticated software to provide meaningful and concise reports with easy to manage defect tracking.
- Post Installation Inspection – carried out on completion of your new playground facility
- Visual Inspections – carried out by the Owner/Operator, usually daily or weekly
- Operational Inspections – carried out usually monthly or quarterly
- Annual Inspections – carried out annually
Click here to download our Inspections and Maintenance Information Sheet which details the varying Inspections in more detail as well as our range of Inspections and Maintenance packages